Monday, April 27

Tech Support!!

Why we should feel sorry for tech support people: 
A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was "running it under Windows." 
The woman then responded, "No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window, and his is working fine." 


Tech Support: "OK Bob, let`s press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter `P` to bring up the Program Manager." 
Customer: "I don`t have a `P`."
Tech Support: "On your keyboard, Bob." 
Customer: "What do you mean?" 
Tech Support: "`P` on your keyboard, Bob." 
Customer: "I`m not going to do that!"


Customer: "Can you copy the Internet for me on this diskette?" 

I work for a local ISP. Frequently we receive phone calls that start something like this: 
Customer: "Hi. Is this the Internet?" 

Customer: "So that`ll get me connected to the Internet, right?" 
Tech Support: "Yeah."
Customer: "And that`s the latest version of the Internet, right?" 
Tech Support: "Uhh...uh...uh...yeah."

No comments:

Post a Comment