Saturday, May 2

ClassicQuotes

“It was too bad I wasn’t a second baseman; then I’d probably have seen a lot more of my husband.”
–Karolyn Rose, ex-wife of Pete Rose, 1981

“It’s a weird scene. You win a few baseball games and all of a sudden, you’re surrounded by reporters and TV men with cameras asking you about Vietnam and race relations.”
–Vida Blue, 1971

“I watch a lot of baseball on the radio.”
–Gerald Ford, 1978

“It’s a beautiful day for a night game.”
–Announcer Frankie Frisch

“The most important things in life are good friends and a strong bull pen.”
–Pitcher Bob Lemon, 1981

“Well, that kind of puts a damper on another Yankees win.”
–Announcer Phil Rizzuto, after a news bulletin reporting the death of Pope Paul VI, 1978

“They brought me up with the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at time was in Brooklyn.”
–Casey Stengel, 1962

No comments:

Post a Comment