Saturday, May 2

The system crash song

SYSTEM CRASH (to the tune of “The Monster Mash”) I was working in the lab, late one nightWhen my eyes beheld an eerie sight,Some smoke from our VAX began to riseAnd suddenly, to my surprise… [chorus](There was a crash) There was a system crash(A mighty crash) I heard the disk heads smash(A system crash) It came down in a flash(There was a crash) A fatal system crash The lab manager then appeared from his room,Said: “I don’t want to be a prophet of doom,But we had one like this just the other dayWhich blew up 4 megs and the SBA”[chorus] The system had just been booted, diagnosticshad all run through, When a power fluck made itall run amuck, then SCOTTY and IRVING blew tooSo we’d lost all our VAXes in less than one nightWhen a VP came in and said: “hey, that’s all right,I’ll loan you a Venus - here’s what to doWhen you call up Support, tell them Gordon sent you…[chorus]

No comments:

Post a Comment