Thursday, May 21

9-1-1 calls

Goofy 9-1-1 calls from the new book "What's the Number for 9-1-1?: America's Wackiest 9-1-1 Calls" by Leland H. Gregory III (Andrews McMeel Publishing): 


Caller: "These bee-droppings are ruining my roof!" 

A woman dialed 9-1-1 in the middle of a rainstorm to ask if police could give her a ride to avoid getting her new hairdo wet. 

Caller: "Please connect me to Switzerland." 

Paramedics, responding to an "abdominal evisceration," arrived at the caller's residence to find a 13-year-old boy lying on a bed. They quickly examined the boy but could find nothing wrong with him. When they asked why he had called 9-1-1, the boy told them he had "stuff" coming out of his navel. Further investigation revealed the "stuff" to be belly-button lint. 

9-1-1 Dispatcher: "Fire or emergency?" 
Caller: "Neither. My son was bothering me. I just wanted to let you know." 

Caller: "Can you tell me when the next earthquake is?" 

Velma Ann Wantlin of Houma, La., called 9-1-1 to report that her husband was preventing her from watching "Knots Landing." 

9-1-1 Dispatcher: "9-1-1. Please state your emergency." Caller: "Yeah, am I talking to a real operator or is this a recording?" Dispatcher: "This is a real operator. Please state your emergency." Caller: "Are you sure you're a real person? You sort of sound like a recording." 
Dispatcher (irritated): "I'm a real person, sir!" 
Caller: "OK. Now you sound like a real operator." 

9-1-1 Dispatcher: "Are you conscious?" 
Caller: "No." 

A man in La Vergne, Tenn., called 9-1-1 to report that his wife was pouring all his beer down the drain. 

Caller: "My phone doesn't work." 

9-1-1 Dispatcher: "Fire and ambulance." 
Caller: "Yes sir, I need an ambulance for my son. He has his finger stuck in a Hot Wheels car." 
Dispatcher: "I'm sorry, sir. Is this an emergency?"
Caller: "Well, it's his favorite one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment